Friday, May 30, 2008

Something I was Thinking About Tonight.

"Blessed are those who are poor in Spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven".

A friend of mine remarked today about how lucky we are in New Zealand that there are so many Christians. I was thinking about this. Yes, we have a lot of "Christians" around us, and I suppose we could call ourselves blessed that so many people have "responded" to the gospel.

But I have a serious hunger ((and not just cuz I've been chewing gum all night...)). I have a hunger to see convicted, faith-filled, eyes on Jesus and Jesus alone people.

What we have is just not cutting it for me. I'm sick of two faced people. I'm going to be bold enough to say I'm sick of seeing two faced people that go to my "Christian" school. People that have all the right answers to all the safe questions but aren't living it outside the classroom. This reality doesn't fill me with satisfaction. It's not good enough. Sorry.

I truely believe a time is coming when God is going to do something massive, I don't know what, but it will heal all these broken hearts in our generation, the truth will be plain and unveiled and it will set people free. It'll be something bigger than church on a Sunday or youth group on a Tuesday. Wider than the doors of a church building. Bigger than a worship time or ministry time. It'll be something that takes it's place in the hearts of people our age and will literally change their lives, not just for a weekend or a month but for an eternity. Something that is tangible and will LAST.

Don't let this get past you: it IS coming. It's been promised. And G-d has NEVER failed on his promises.

So what are you gonna do to build this fire?

I'm calling you to pray. On your knees. I don't care that you don't have time. Make time. This is more important than NCEA. It's more important than sleep, food or sport. This can make an eternal difference.

Do it!

No comments: