Friday, November 7, 2008

Please pray for elections!




As you can see, I found my Photobooth application!!! And these are the only photos I have that are small enough to put into my MacJournal...

It’s about time that I wrote another blog I suppose. School is out and besides studying, which I’ve decided to officially put off until Monday ((probably won’t be the best decision of my life, but we’ll see how this one goes...)) I actually have no excuse not to.

Besides, today is an important day! Elections are happening in NZ. I haven’t posted anything about the US elections yet, but most of you who know me will know that I’m not very pleased with the way those turned out. And no, it is not because I’m a racist. I do not agree with most of Obama’s policies, especially on important issues such as abortion and civil unions. He is very liberal on these, hoping to make it legal in the USA for abortions at any stage in a pregnancy. Not only is this completely against what I believe about abortion being wrong, but it is also dangerous for the mother who may want an abortion at 7 months, and therefore a stupid thing to try and do. Besides that, I’m in the middle of a 40 day praying endeavor to end abortion in NZ, but also across the world. I know that this is on the Father’s heart, but obviously not on Obama’s.

And there have been weird theories going around about Obama being the anti-christ. These I cannot agree with, however I will agree that there are certain aspects about the campaign that prove how easily accepted it will be when he does come. These include how many people voted for him because of his charisma, instead of his policies; people fainted when he came on stage; how he captured the attention of everyone, not only in America, but also across the rest of the world and was well liked all across. Many of these things you can also look at Hitler and say he had, but he was not the anti-chirst, only a sort of prototype, if you will. BUT HEAR ME WHEN I SAY I’m not preaching doom and destruction because Obama got in. He may very well prove to be a fantastic president who brings peace and prosperity ((though I’m not denying that the anti-christ will also accomplish this. Check Revelation.)). In fact, I do really hope I’m am proved wrong in my thinking and that he will bring an end to abortion. After all, as my lovely mother pointed out the other day, G-d has changed the hearts of many kings, and He can do it again.

I think it’s important to remember through all this that G-d is ultimately the king. I declare Him King over my life and my country, because He deserves both of those and He is ultimately in control. And He’s the winning side. =).

Well, I wasn’t going to get into that, but now I have. =). I’m done now.

NZ elections should be interesting. I’ll probably turn on the news tonight and have a squiz at the polls. I have to say, I’m not as excited about these ones as the US ones. And I don’t think it’s an American thing, considering I’ve lived here for about 13 years now... No, it’s just that I’ve noticed that the campaigns here are so petty compared to there. Instead of having debates about important issues it seems to be more of a pigtail-pulling fest. But then, I can’t say I’ve been paying that much attention. Maybe because the US elections may have more effect on the world and this country than who comes into power here.

I don’t know. I really shouldn’t have started talking about politics because it always gets everyone ((including me)) all worked up. And that’s not what this blog is for. So I hope I haven’t offended anyone or too sorely pushed my beliefs on you. Though, I don’t apologize if I’ve made you think.. =).

Anybody else feel like watching “Scrubs“ right now?

3 comments:

Nightshow Dan said...

Yep!!! Bring on the Scrubs!!!

DG

Dan said...

I think it's interesting how John writes about The Antichrist, and, antichrists. (1 John)

Esther Irwin said...

boo scrubs. what a waste of time